Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Bright Line Eating; week 21 in review


Two different scales over the course of three weeks and I am still exactly 211.8. How is that even possible. Offered rhetorically so no question mark. I was a little irritated at first, but really it just slid off my metaphysical shoulder and I was ready to move on before I hit the back door into the house. (I'm still keeping the scale in the garage.) Bright Line Eating is working, and there is no stopping now.


I didn't feel particularly challenged this week, but going back through my journal I do see that I didn't weigh every meal, had birthday cake, and of course the cookies while at my Mom's. So it was definitely a maintenance week, and if I want to continue to lose weight I do need to pay closer attention to the details. I ate less meat and more beans, so that's a good thing. And I did see my knee caps Wednesday, and noticed my biceps are looking much better as I was braiding my hair in front of the bathroom mirror. Looking in the mirror is a big change in and of it'self - that's not something I normally do in an attempt to deny what I have let myself become.

And really I feel smaller today. And I felt smaller yesterday - the girls took a picture of my hair as a keepsake as I'm intending to have it cut tomorrow and I noticed in the picture that the view from behind wasn't as horrible as I expected. I saw a definite difference in my body shape and was encouraged by the sight. If I can figure out how to get the picture from my phone to the computer I may even upload it. later.

Which all amounts to me thinking of the week as another success, even if I didn't see a change on the scale. I know from lots of reading that hitting a small plateau at 20 pounds is perfectly normal, and I have a very positive attitude about the coming week and being sure I am prepared each day with meals I have weighed and eating fewer meals that fall into the maintenance category. Because while I am not pressing myself for quick results, I do want to continue to lose weight - after all I have about 60 pounds to go! At the very least.

(b)  eggs over easy on sprouted grain toast, half a large banana
(l)  roasted veggies with a mix of tofu & hamburger (leftovers), small pear
(d) baked beans, roasted veggies, green salad

I took left over baked beans out of the fridge last night so I wouldn't have to cook today. R and  I are working on cleaning out A's room - she is 11 after all and I guess that is all the explanation that is required here.

So my lunch break is over, laundry is ongoing as are the weekly chores. I love being home puttering and catching up on tv shows and being on my own timetable. Saturdays rock.

No comments: