Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2020

A Hard Day

I am not sure why it was a hard day, but it was. I could barely make myself do anything, I broke several Bright Lines, and haven't even tried to snap out of this insufferable funk I have been in all day. Perhaps I am coming down from the real caffeinated coffee yesterday; I didn't even have my decaf today having decided once again to switch to decaf tea on my way back to strictly herbal. I would just really love to know exactly what was going on in my body today to explain it all.

At this point, I'm just glad the day is over and I haven't eaten a cheesecake. I know that tomorrow will be different and that hopefully this mood was just a fluke. I just wanted to check out and disappear today, and laid down to nap a couple of time this afternoon trying to escape with limited success. I'm grateful that it's almost bedtime, my chamomile tea is cooling, and soon I can lay down in the dark and set the sleep timer on my audio book.
 
(b) eggs over easy on sprouted toast, half a large banana
(l)  roasted veggies, sausage, cheese & triscuits
(d) nuked potatoe w\ butter & sour cream, part of a piece of chicken, 2 pieces popcorn chicken

The family brought in KFC, who sells donuts now by the way, and I was able to stay away from the biscuits. But as stated above I did a couple of bites of breaded chicken. Not good, definitely not worth it, but at the moment I wanted the grease and salt and crunch. Let me rephrase that. I didn't want it, my hand and mouth did - I felt like I was being driven and I haven't felt that in a long time. Just disgusting that I wasn't able to just go to my room and lock the door as I have done dozens of times over the past several month to get away from 'not my food.' Sometimes you lose, I guess that's all.

I think maybe I was just overwhelmed. Yesterday I backed into a car that was parked in our driveway because my focus was on making sure C wasn't behind me and was looking towards him instead of behind me. Nothing horrific but there is damage and I need to file a claim. Digging in my purse for my insurance card I came across my car registration with requires smog this year and is due in a couple of weeks. I am not happy with the washer\dryer set I just purchased and need to arrange replacements before 3/17. Nor am I happy with the microwave - same deal; 30 days to return is up the same day. I should have taken care of at least one of those tasks, but no, instead I worked on A's laundry, did a load of dishes, and moped.

So too many things to take care of on a day I woke up groggy and irritated. If my bed wasn't up against a wall I would say I had gotten out on the wrong side.

Enough, time for tea. Tomorrow will be different.

No comments: