Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2020

A Day off from work

I accomplished much today as witnessed by my poor sore feet. That it is still just a dent compared to what I wanted to accomplish is a little disheartening; I could spend a month of days home from work before I felt everything was done I think. But I am hoping that I can do more each day after work now that the light is lasting longer again as we head into Spring. Today was absolutely gorgeous, and I even swept and hosed off the long driveway; that's me being happy, a physical task, the breeze on my face, a book in my ear. I'm glad I took the day to putter at my own speed.

Partly I was able to ease up because C's birthday party is cancelled. Between the rain and the Corona virus it just wasn't going to happen. The 'rents are now faced with deciding if A will be going to school, or staying home. I say err on the side of caution and keep her home. But that is for her parents to decide.

(b)  breakfast sausage,toast, red grapes
(l)  vegetarian meatballs, more grapes
(d)  schwarma chicken, steamed broccoli

I was too tired to make a salad and too full to make another serving of cooked vegetables. This happens too often, I know that, and I will try to do better at prepping salads ahead of time so they are ready to go most nights. But I've been saying that for a while and it's just not happening. Hmmmmm.

-------------- break for state capitals flash card review---------------

Yaaaawwwwnnnnn.

I have meatballs for lunch tomorrow, and there is left over chicken for dinner again. I'm glad I don't have a problem with eating the same thing two days in a row, it does make life easier sometimes, but I do need to make a second batch of meals this weekend. And I need to pick up a birthday present for C tomorrow. I hate that I wait until the last minute so often, but I'm hoping to find a new water can for him, and a small broom. He did love helping me outside today and should have the right size tools to use.

Ginger lemon tea tonight, and one more day until I weigh-in. I could be doing better, I know this from listening to the BLE calls and the amount of weight others are losing by strictly following the weight loss plan. But I guess it's like everything else in my life; I'm just doing the best I can right now.

No comments: