Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Of Cacao and Cabbage

I picked a vlog by Susan P. Thompson this evening about eating Raw Cacao. I have in the past added in the occasional square of dark chocolate as a treat in the evening, but after listening to this I may not be as ready to do so in the future. Interesting listening and I'm posting this as a reminder to my future self.

I wondered this evening while chomping away at my cabbage salad as to how much cabbage had to be in a green salad before it can be called coleslaw. After a quick google I decided it wasn't a very interesting question.

(b)  breakfast sausage, triscuits, grapes
(l)   smoked gouda chicken sausage, green beans with onions & bacon, blackberries
(d)  Coleslaw, lentils

I never went back for my roasted veggies at dinner, but the lentils were cooked in tomatoes, onions and chilies so I guess that counts. I think I have one bowl of bean soup to take to work for lunch tomorrow, and then if I can't muster the energy to cook dinner I can have lentils again. I do have roasted veggies packed up in the fridge.

Tomorrow is Friday, and as always I am so very glad. Mostly. I need to go back to Lowes and look at different washers and dryers; I am just not happy with the ones I purchased and I am not looking forward to exchanging them. But I cannot bear listening to the sounds this machine makes; life is too short to be irritated at some point in every day.

The office girls surprised me with a white hyacinth bulb today; I hadn't let them know it was my birthday but they found out. It wasn't a secret, Mondays are always crazy busy, and that was the day my sciatica had flared up and I left early. It was nice to be thought of, and I am so thankful things are running smoothly again.

Time to do a quick clean up in the kitchen then take my tea to bed. One more day until I weigh again. Always a little anxiety about that, but I will say it was exciting to notice that I could see my knees a s I was sitting in the dentist's chair yesterday. My knees have been round for so long it was like saying hello to some old friends! So I am hoping to see a loss, but will at least have something else to gauge some success if I don't.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.




No comments: