Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

TGIF

Yesterday I went on about planning ahead and how good it feels to commit and follow through. I then proceeded to lay down for just a moment to watch TV and the next thing I knew I was waking up. So no planning happened, no writing in my journal, and yet I made it through the day. So far. And I say that with all honesty, hoping to get through the evening unscathed.  I think because it's Friday. And that's a trigger for me, a much larger one than I realized.  The relief of tomorrow being Saturday, the designated dessert night, the family talking about pizza or pancakes for dinner. All just a little overwhelming. Or at least I feel the potential to be overwhelmed, and I'm a little nervous.

I felt so good all week, mostly calm and ready for this change, and able to squeak past a handful of temptations. Tonight I am tired, and not feeling so strong. So on to my day, and thinking about tomorrow, and then an early night.

Daily Food
(b) left over sauteed veggies, hashbrowns, and cheese. Banana
(l) salad with garbanzos. Forgot to eat my apple, it's on my desk.
(d) protein style burger and fries from In-N-Out. Peach

Portions were a bit mixed up, veggies with breakfast made up for those missed at dinner. I ate the burger and fries on the way home; I was so hungry and tired, coupled with the TGIF mentality I made the best decision I could at the time. Once home I chopped up a peach and nuked it for 1.5 minutes - a great dessert.

I want to talk briefly about bright lines, and the ones I have drawn. I haven't joined a boot camp or a 14 day challenge. I haven't see a food plan or done anything but listen to Bright Line Eating and googled online info. There are four lines to draw, and I have drawn three. Flour, Sugar and Snacks. I can envision signing up for a 14 day program, but right now I am focused on the bright lines in front of me that I am determined to keep intact. I haven't committed to eating at the table or weighing and measuring everything. Although I do weigh my proteins, and make veggies the core of my daily food. And I see the value of not eating in the car or in front of the TV. Just not yet. Maybe never. And while those things are on my radar and I'm probably headed that way, I felt the need to explain how I could have eaten dinner in the car, and eaten a meal I didn't plan for and didn't weigh. In-N-Out is about as clean as you can get for fast food; I new there would be no added sugar or flour, and I didn't get ketchup for the fries.  No self recriminations, no bad feelings, just the best decision I could make at the moment.

Now I'm focused on getting through the evening without snacking. A bright line I have committed to and refuse to break. I can see it clearly, sparkling bright between me and anything that might tempt me.

To the kitchen for tea, and to plan for tomorrow's food. I will do this. And I'll call my sister - that's a good idea too.



No comments: