Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday Ramblings

I find comfort in routine; enjoying my Saturday morning coffee in bed, not feeling the pressure of having to do any specific thing. Leisurely brushing my hair and putting on 'weekend' clothes. Starting my laundry, puttering here, there, and everywhere picking up and putting away the remains of the week. Here is where C was racing his Cat Boy motorcycle, and there are crayons and paper on the dining room table, and the everywhere part would be the shoes. We are all guilty.

Today was a good day. The laundry is done, my errands accomplished, and the house is filled with the laughter and mayhem of three ten year old girls and a very happy two year old. They are doing a test run sleeping out in the tent tonight, making sure it's not going to be too cold for A's 11th birthday in two weeks. How she can possible be that old I don't know.

I took a break and browsed back to November 2008 when she was born. Of course I shouldn't be surprised to see that I was dieting, but at least it was hand in hand with eating for nutrition. And Kaylee was still alive, just a puppy, And it was our 3rd Thanksgiving with out Joey, and all of a sudden the pain is fresh again. But it's okay, I'll feel it move through me and let it dissipate, and focus on the girls running up and down the hall.

Back to today. Breakfast was sausage, tater tots, and  papaya. Lunch was bean soup and grapes, and then I was starving.  I forgot to make a salad for lunch, there weren't enough calories in the soup, and it was only 3pm. So I decided to make a salad with green onions and avocado. Then dinner wasn't until 7 or so; Tri-Tip, mixed veggies and sauteed mushrooms. Damn, I forgot the fruit again. I didn't have sugar or flour today, but i don't feel like I was being true to Bright Line Eating either.

After forgetting for days I will journal tonight and plan tomorrows food. I swear. Speaking of which, I need to go cook some grains so they are ready for the morning. I do like it when I let them sit overnight in yogurt, but cooked grains are more luscious and I am hoping they will be good with the papaya.

Time for Tea. And making better choices tomorrow.

No comments: