Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

Hungry! But it ain't a bad feeling

Mondays are always busy at work, and my decision to start Bright Line Eating yesterday was a bit of an inspired decision. I did some prep cooking yesterday but not having the food plan in front of me I neglected some important details. But it didn't matter. I persevered. Breakfast was hash browns smothered in sauteed veggies and about 2oz cheese. I picked up lunch fixings from Sprouts and threw together a delicious salad that included but was not limited to cilantro yogurt dressing, roasted unsalted pepitas and cauliflower. Dinner was left over lentil soup.  The problem was proportions, and each meal was so filling I never got around to eating my fruit.

Tomorrow will be better; I have yogurt and grains soaking with dates for a couple of breakfasts, and I'll weigh my salad and stoup tomorrow so the servings aren't too large so the fruit will get eaten. Today I took a pear and a peach for a ride! The pantry and fridge are already stocked with many staples that I can use; while I haven't been trying very hard the last few years to eat for nutrition, I didn't let those habits go completely. So probably I won't have to hit the grocery store until Thursday.

So now it's been a few hours since dinner and I'm hungry. I have a night time tea brewing, and have no intention of snacking - the visualization of a bright line between myself and a bad decision is very effective. And it kind of fun to feel that little buzz in my stomach and have a longing to eat that is unrelated to indulgence.

Time to go write in my journal and plan tomorrows meals. Wait. I already did that here :) But I still have a gratitude entry to make, and tea to sip, and a show to watch. C has a treatment tomorrow at hospital so that is where my positive thoughts will be focused; my petty little food concerns really are as trivial as they seem.


No comments: