Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2019

Food food food

Finally back to work after hearing from  the endodontist's office that I have an appt. on Wednesday. I had one last container to use up from my tomatoe rice dish for lunch, and potatoes, egg and grapes for lunch so it was easy to pack my food for the day and head out.

Dinner was a large green salad with yogurt blue cheese dressing, celery, carrots, a couple of sliced brussels sprouts, and a mix of pecans and Vermont white cheddar for the protein. It was a nice surprise that the yogurt dressings are either low or without sugar.

I never made bean soup on Sunday as intended, I'm thinking I'll do that Weds. while recovering from the root canal. I have garbonzo bean salad ready for lunch tomorrow, tons of celery and onion in that, and lentil soup for dinner. Oh, and breakfast will be leftover wild grains heated up with blueberries and smoothed out with greek yogurt.

It seems like I eat a lot of food, which satisfies the beast in me, and I think I am enjoying not being bothered about snacks. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention I broke a bright line yesterday. Totally unconsciously; the little container of cashews was sitting on the counter, I opened it and popped a few into my mouth, and was all the way (three steps) to the stove before I realized what I had done. I am not a fanatic - I didn't spit them out - and so I chewed them up enjoying every luscious moment of indulgence.

Dinner last night was instant pot ribs, broccolini, and Irish Pub nachos. Google that last if you've never heard of them.  I'm pretty sure I didn't go over the 4oz of protein, but I am certain I ate too many potatoes. They were so delicious, and thinking back I was tired and emotionally drained after a rough patch. But I didn't dwell on it. I got up this morning and right back on track.

What I am doing is so important, and I have every intention of succeeding.


No comments: