Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Bright Line Eating, fasting included

Home from work, I was hungry and glad there was leftover soup in the fridge. Now sated I can relax and think about how to proceed. I need an actual food plan for the weighing and measuring guidelines, and have emailed CS on how to get those since I have the audio book. I wonder if I need to join something to get those. If nothing else they will be included in the 14 day trial I plan to do once C has settled from his latest treatment and I can spare some more energy on this.

So Day three and I realized that the reading I did about fasting has a place here at BLE. Eating three squares a day leaves about a 13 hour fast each night. Another piece of the puzzle solved? Will eliminating the flour and sugar also do away with my midnight prowling in the kitchen? She says it will, that it's part of the Free part of Thin, Happy & Free. I can imagine my brain calmed of all the chatter, I can feel my future ahead of me. So strange.  But it doesn't feel like the euphoria that has accompanied me at different times as I found myself manic over a new eating plan, It's more like Susan has put her arm around my shoulders and said, 'I'm here now, it's going to be okay'.

Breakfast this morning was delicious and I have another serving ready in the fridge for tomorrow. It's a wild grains cereal mix, softened with Australian Greek yogurt and a couple of dates, then mixed with 4oz of blueberries hot from the microwave.  I'll rinse and pack garbanzo beans to add to my salad at lunch tomorrow, and one more night of lentil soup. Then I think it will be time to change it up.  I'll poke around online and see what I have in the kitchen so that I'm ready to plan the next set of meals tomorrow.

I am having a hard time with starting and ending my days; I wrote in my journal the first day and nothing since. I am reading from my meditation book, but not meditating yet. I think I'm waiting for the salt to dissipate so it's easier to get comfortable. And I think it will happen naturally that once I start waking up more clear headed it will be easier to spend some me time before rushing to get ready for work. Once upon a time rising before six and puttering in the garden was normal, but this past year I turn over to fall back asleep before rising at 7 and heading hell bent out the door to work.

Time to queue up another vlog by susan.

No comments: