Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Vacation: 7&8/10

Yesterday morning I packed up while A and Mom watched Enchanted. They were both so exhausted; A from the beach and Mom from our visit.  Stripping the beds and getting them into the wash, I failed to see A's two favorite friends that had fallen behind her bed; this would later come back to haunt me later. Suffice it to say that Grammie has agreed to babysit them until we return in August.

Our drive home was uneventful, stopping once for lunch and once for ice cream - I am after all, on vacation.  The dogs made a valiant effort to kiss us to death upon arriving home, and we were glad to spend some time petting and loving and reassuring them that yes we were really here. It was only three in the afternoon so we headed down to the store and we ended up making spaghetti and meatballs for everyone for dinner. A is a great little helper in the kitchen, and many hands make light work.

A relaxing evening (dishes would have to wait) with the fam and then early to bed, so very glad to be back in my own flannel sheets with my pooch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I made my decaf and puttered around the house, cleaning A's room, doing our laundry and catching up the dishes, vacuuming, and watering the trees. Just after noon I picked A up from daycare with two of her friends and took them swimming for a couple of hours. Then we drove through for more...yes...ice cream and back to the house for another hour of games. Once more A and I headed to the store, this time dinner would be burritos. The 'rents are working and we are not; it is the right thing to do. We prepped the veggies, shredded cheese, and packed it all away until later when everyone would help themselves.

Finally plopping down in front of the tv for some rest we watched SYTYCD and were delighted with the new Stage vs Street format. So much fun and talent; we are expecting a great season.

And now everyone is fed, and tired. A is getting ready for bed and the house is settling down. I have kept busy, on my feet or swimming, for days and I ache everywhere, but my mind has been willing and in a good mood, so that makes all the difference. A and I have had a fun five days together, and I know it is just the first of many road trips, and shared vacation days. I am so very blessed.

I can't believe it is only two more days until I am back to work; Tempus Fugit and all that. But it has been time well spent.

No comments: