Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Vacation: 6/10

After several attempts to connect to the net I finally got in through Google.  An old computer and a new wireless connection are not a marriage made in heaven.

The ride down was uneventful despite a half hours delay due to to much needed road work; they are finally expanding HWY 5!  We will hit the same delay going home but it's a small price to pay for future traveling.

Our first evening here we spent in the pool watching the sky darken. The pool has been covered up in the heat and was a large bathtub at 96 degrees. Family came over to visit while we were swimming and it was wonderful to see them and catch up. K and R are cousins of an age, but their kids are ten years apart. No matter, they play together and rough house and it's all very delightful.

Yesterday was more swimming, a trip to the store for a few necessities, playing Telestrations with the cousins and Mom, and then pot pies for dinner on the patio.  A final dip in the pool with lots of cannon balls from the tall edge by A and the day was almost over. After ending my day alone with The Fugitive and ginger snaps, I snuck in the the room A and I are sharing and must have fallen asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Mom and I are both exhausted.

Today we head to Ventura to visit A's aunt D and the beach by her house. A picnic lunch, sandcastles, and everything else the beach has to offer in the way of soft salt air, earthy smells and warm sun has been on our mind all morning. In fact, it's time to get A in the shower, braid back her hair, and get ready to leave. I can't believe it's been almost a year since our last beach trip. My Bad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had such a marvelous day at the beach I had to post a picture. This is A immersing herself into the beach. She rode her first boogie board today by herself and practiced diving over waves. She is just awesome, even when she is scaring me to death.

No comments: