Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Vacation 3/10 :: Foxtails 3/3

R made juice this morning, a dark purple full of strawberries and cabbage, kale and cucumber, ginger and beets, an apple, a couple of kiwis - maybe the kitchen sink too but I lost track. Whatever, I surely did enjoy it. I am taking it easy in my room after a rude awakening in the middle of the night, my hand a hot cramping mess, and then a morning of stiffness, my hand swollen and uncooperative. After many questions and answers with the advice nurse we determined I could wait to see my regular physician tomorrow. So our trip is delayed, by how  much only tomorrow will tell, but I definitely cannot drive with my hand as it is.

I am too young to be old and frail, and a little pissed off about it this morning. I know that the anger will pass, but what I don't know is if I have finally had a loud enough wake up call to take care of myself. Another story to be told by time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I rested much of the day, icing my hand a few time. Then there was a little puttering a little in the back yard, putting away dishes, a quick trip to the grocery store to see how my hand felt on the steering wheel. Not bad, not good. I don't know if there is anything the Dr. will be able to tell me tomorrow morning, and our road trip is still undecided. A is the optimist and she has packed. I'll throw some things together before going to bed tonight, and can finish up tomorrow if I decide we are going.

And if we go I'll be leaving Kaylee here, having A along will be plenty in the company and responsibility departments. I just wish I felt better, I wish I felt like going.

No comments: