Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Tired and cooking

 I'm exhausted, as is probably everyone in the house. Cal is having a rough time of it, not napping during the day, and waking up in pain at night. When he isn't mad at me, he's cuddling close, and at just the right combos of meds he eats. Currently he is having a lie down on the couch, having just finished a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk, and content to be quiet watching Gabby's Doll House.

I am killing time, about ten minutes, while my onions, peppers, and sun ripened tomatoes finish sautéing on the stove. I've had meat braising in crushed tomatoes for hours, and it's finally tender and ready to add to the veggies once they are done. It will be all cooked veggies tonight, I have no energy left to build a salad, and I'm hoping that my dinner is as delicious as it smells.

I've had a couple of stretches of bright days, but last night a fig newton got the better of me. After saying no a dozen times at work and on the way home, I guess I was out of will power. And needed some comfort? Cal crying in pain is not conducive to meditating or doing parts work in the middle of the night. It is what it is, and I'm having an easily Bright day today. He's been to the Dr to be checked out, and R has a schedule of meds to follow. The Oxy does NOT make him sleep, just tired and cranky and confused Please lord let his mouth heal quickly (the source of his pain) and get back on track with treatment. 

I miss our walks together, and our conversations about spiders and rocks. 

I think dinner must be done, which is good because all of a sudden I am starving. My body really knows when it's been four hours, and is not shy about letting me know all about it.

No comments: