Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2021

BLF: Bright Line Eating mini-review

I would love to comment on the weather, but knowing I have friends in the South who are 'freezing their assess off' I have no room to do so. Instead I will note that I am grateful for warm clothes, a cozy home, and hot food. We are blessed.

Another Bright night behind me, and as it is bedtime I will note that I expect to have another one in front of me.  This is the first time since I began using my 100 day charts back on May 6th 2020 that I have had six Bright nights in a row. A fairly dismal statistic. But then I really took stock of my Bright Line Eating journey using milestones, and looking from this perspective it's not as crazy as it sounds.

10/6/19: Initial weigh-in when I began BLE

1/4/20: Down 15 lbs; I was losing barely over one pound per week

2/22/20: Down 20 lbs; drove South to visit my Mother & began snacking in the middle of the night. I learned later this was a triggering event. But it led me to seek out the Freedom course, so it's all good. A part of the food journey that has brought me to this point.

7/24/20: Down 26 lbs; Bright Line Freedom; started parts work

12/5/20: Down 30 lbs; IFS session on night eating, identified rebel part

1/23/21: No change; identified tough chick part and the next day began intermittent fasting

2/15/21: No Idea; scale in garage since 2/1/21

I'm grateful to have maintained the 30 lbs loss, and grateful for the parts work that is letting me integrate the pieces of myself that needed to heal. At least a couple of them. And while there is still a part of me that rebels against the inner work I am doing with my master mind group from Bright Line Freedom, there is no denying that it is helping. That I am healing.

What other blessings have come from my MMG? I no longer beat myself up if I make a mistake, I treat myself with the kindness and patience I used to reserve for others, and every day I cherish the moments that I can be still, and present, and grateful. I have learned that living One Day at a Time is not just a trick to stay Bright, but a new way to experience what a day actually is. As in it's everything, so just be here.

At the moment I am enjoying that I am back on track with my BLE program, and that as I continue to focus on my Bright Lines I will get back to losing the weight. The parts work of the past months have been worth it if that happens, as I suspect it will. So while I head to bed with cold feet,  my heart is warm and full of hope.

Please let this last. Please let this be true.



No comments: