Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Superbowl Nachos

The day went as planned, beginning with a trip to the store for a few items, and ending with the Bucs "running away with the game: as aptly pronounced by M. Our dinner was yummy, each of us making Nachos to our own liking. R used some of the leftover pinto beans I made last week to make refried beans, and she also cooked up a batch of seasoned meat and a corn\green chili\zucchini dish. While she weighed her plate to Bright Line Specs, I weighed mine to what I wanted. They both looked great, and we each loved what we made. Mine was admittedly a little high on fat as I opted for avocado, sour cream, cheese and olives, while low on veggies. but I forgot my fruit at lunch so that's a little compensation. And while she stuck with an ounce of corn chips I opted for a 2nd ounce, turning my dinner into a maintenance meal I guess. But I did weigh my portions, had the right amount of protein, and there was no going crazy. Oh, and we did both skip our grain at breakfast in order to have the corn chips at lunch.

So what exactly was on my plate? 6oz homemade refried beans, 2oz fresh salsa, 2T sour cream that was also cut with salsa, 2oz avocado, 1/2oz black olives, 1oz fresh diced tomatoes, all scooped up with 2oz of corn chips. The chips and salsa made the dish, they were from a local restaurant and so flavourful and satisfying. 

I'm looking forward to Bright Lines tomorrow, and enjoying the left overs incorporated into meals. I think there may be some nachos going on for breakfast here tomorrow, but I love beans for breakfast so there's really nothing new there except having corn chips instead of rice. Not exactly on plan, but Bright in my mind and that's what counts - there are no BLE police! 

I did make veggie stoup today too, so hose are ready to go for meals this week. There are beans and black bean burgers for my protein, and I have lentils to cook. And a bag of white beans to cook too, but I do want to get ham hocks before I cook those - nothing like bean and bacon soup on a cold day. There are lots of greens in the fridge, and I plan to prep a tub of cruciferous veggies tomorrow so it's easy to throw salads together for lunches and\or dinners. I also have a bottle of salad dressing ready, an old favorite - a Good Seasons zesty Italian package with the oil and water portions exchanged. Not the cleanest choice, but it gives good coverage, and it's easy to stay within the allotted fat portion using it. And it goes well with gorgonzola cheese, which I have been using as part of my protein on my salads lately.

My goal next week is to remain calm, remain in the present as much as possible, and just get through one day at a time eating well and being kind to myself. It's a simple plan, and one I should be able to follow. I'll still be putting in a few extra accounting hours, but will try to limit it to one a day so I have some time to myself while C naps - assuming he naps.

I hear adventure music in the living room, and I must go investigate. And make tea.


No comments: