Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2021

Habit Stacks

When I first began this blog, and wrote, "who is trying to make peace with her world, her body and her health", I thought these were three separate things. And of course the more I know the more I realized that is all just one thing, and that they are all interconnected, or entangled as I now like to think of it. Without feeling connected to the world around me, I can't heal, and without healing, my body is out of whack. The connection begins with Inner Work, which I am doing through Bright Line Freedom, the help of my master mind group, and digging into the vast stores of data that is available through the world wide web.

All a little bit overwhelming until I take a breath and think about the tools. The nightly checklist of self care items that are slowly building the small daily habits that will help me with...everything. Now I finally begin to understand the value of habit stacks, and what a habit actually is and how important to my overall goals.  And while it's still exhausting to think about it all, I can at least see a path forward that is a little more orderly and realistic. As we are taught in Bright Line Eating, we need a morning routine and an evening routine.

Of course I was above all that, and not willing to heed the message or do the work entailed to bring these directives to fruition. Or in other words, not surrendering to the plan. Not willing to put in the work to get what I want. So here we are back to square one, I am, after all, pretty lazy. But it has become obvious that just keeping to the Bright Lines is not enough. 

But I can't jump in with both feet and make myself crazy. Instead I will continue working on the small things until they become automatic, and as they become habits and stack up, well, then I will have a better chance at integrating all of the important parts of the program, not just the ones that are easy and obvious.

Enough ruminating.

But it's interesting to note that my original objectives were the right ones, and even unknowing of the how or why of it, I knew what I needed.

No comments: