Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2021

BLE: Enough

Heading into my fourth Bright night, I remain calm and positive.  There is no anticipation of what this could mean, no big plans, no looking ahead. Just looking at right now, and this one night, is enough. I don't need to know how many nights are left in this current chunk of 100 days, I don't need to calculate how much weight I might lose in the month of February, and I certainly don't need to think about the size of my jeans next Christmas.

Sure, those are the things that popped into my brain as soon as I said I wasn't going to think about them, but I am not actively engaged. I am not going down those rabbit holes.

Instead I am going to have one more Bright night. And in this moment it is enough, and I am grateful.

No comments: