Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

BLE: Food and blathering away

Light chores, a little work, some rest and folding laundry while watching old movies (Bruce Almighty and Trading Places) and the day is gone. Oh, and just now watching Wanda Vision while snuggling with the little man. Just wish the episodes were longer. Another Bright day, and looking forward to another Bright night, and thought I would check in while enjoying my warm Tulsi night time tea.

Today's Food:

(b)  sprouted multi grain toast, sharp cheese, banana & green grapes

(l)  garbanzo beans smashed up with Mayo (including my daily extra fat), left over tri-tip finely diced and folded into the beans with diced up pepperoncini peppers plus salt and freshly ground pepper. Served on crisp romaine leaves it was so delicious. A nod to my favorite sandwich of left over tri-tip, marinated jalapeno slices with mayo on sourdough bread. Almost all of the flavour with none of the flour. Sliced carrots and cauliflower rounded out the veggies.

(d) pork & beans w\ zucchini veggie blend, left over gold potatoes and corn. All heated through with an ounce of cream cheese for my fat, and finally the apple I was too full to eat at lunch.

Tomorrow's Food: Well, I have to think about it for a moment.

(b) scrambled eggs on toast w\mustard, banana & green grapes

(l)  garbanzo beans, onions & celery, avocado, & carrot chips to scoop it all up, fruit salad (grapefruit, pears, green grapes, apple)

(d)  pork & beans w\ zucchini veggie blend, cooked carrots & broccolini, 

Depending on how tonight goes and how full I am at lunch tomorrow, the fruit may be eaten at dinner instead of lunch again.

I feel a little disconnected from not listening to any news all weekend, the first time in more months than I can remember.  I did check my weather app to see how friends in Texas are faring, but no CNN, no FOX, no googling. And of course typing that I have a small itch to go look. A very small itch, and one I think I can ignore until tomorrow.

I'm attempting to end the day with my brain on the right track; focusing on how intermittent fasting is healing, thinking about how I will feel about myself in the morning if I don't eat anything between now and 8am, and finally, trying to embrace the small grumbling that is going on in my belly as I prepare for bed. My warm delicious tea is keeping any distress at bay and soothing the little beastie that is trying to get my attention down there; I think I will be good.

Lastly I remind myself that it's okay to be exhausted, and just finen that I just want to go to bed when it's barely past 8pm. I'll finish my tea, probably watch another show (Resident Alien) and then listen to my book as I fall asleep.

Enough personal trivia for the day; sometimes this just seems ridiculous to be recording all of this nonsense, but rumour has it the writing helps, and it does feel good to get the words out even if it means just so much nothing.


No comments: