Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

An Obligation

When I started writing here again, it was with the purpose of being accountable to my Bright Line Eating program, as well as to document what would hopefully be my last attempt at weight loss. And while it has been mostly that, I am finding lately that what is happening is that I feel obligated to sit down and write something each day whether I want to or not. And writing for me generally doesn't work that way.

I want to write when I feel like it. Like right now all of a sudden, because I looked out my window and noticed that the light has turned soft, the clouds a gentle mauve mixed with grey and some streaks of rose. Not a breath of wind, and the far away chirping of small birds that I suspect is coming from the Eucalyptus tree out front. A moment of beauty that brings me to stillness, and wonder, and hope.

Anyway, after much thought I am thinking that I won't be so strident about daily journaling. That instead I will save it for when I do parts work and need to journal to figure something out, or have the urge to share a recipe, an insight,  or just a beautiful moment. It feels like to right thing to do.

Luckily, I can change my mind at any time, and I am truly grateful that I have the choice. It's sad that in this day and age not everyone has the luxury to write when and what they want.

I am hoping for many things to write about, because my hands do love to dance over the keyboard.

No comments: