Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2020

BLE: Halloween without Candy

For me, not the kids. I haven't been tempted at all today by the candy floating around, and looking back on this day last year apparently it wasn't a problem then either - never even mentioned it. The funny thing is that we almost had the same thing for dinner; tri-tip! This year we had broccoli and we had asparagus last year. When the chance came to share dinner with the family, of course I opted out of my planned dinner - a perfectly sane choice.

And while I can't remember last year, and if I struggled at all, I don't believe I did. I started so strong and was sticking to my Bright Lines so well back then that I doubt I did.

Today I accomplished my shopping, baked off my meatballs (instead of meatloaf) and cooked up a bunch of green peppers, red onions, and crushed tomatoes in the instant pot for then minutes. Quick release, and then stirred in a whole big box of baby spinach. Changed the setting to sauté and kept stirring until all of the spinach was wilted, and some of the moisture had steamed off.

Packed in the fridge are eight meals using the meatballs; five with corn and green beans, and three with the stewed veggies. Oh, and I seasoned the pot of veggies with all the spaghetti spices. I decided against the yam pudding because there are left over potatoes in the fridge for breakfasts, and no room for any more containers! I picked up some plant based Italian sausages, and will cook them up tomorrow, weigh them out into portions, and freeze them. These can be added to the left over veggies for a change of pace when I feel the need.

We had a really good Master Mind group meeting this morning, even though we were down one, and have decided to continue meeting to do the IFS work we have learned in Bright Line Freedom. I'm excited about the work, and the fact that I am finally taking action with regards to self therapy. The reality is that I should have been in therapy years ago, but better late than never. Tonight my mood is so positive, and I am so calm, that I know this is the right path forward.

Dark has finally fallen, and I am dressed all in black. I will sneak out the front door to sit in the dark and spy upon any trick or treaters that may come by. Our candy is down at the end of the driveway, bundled in fun little bags tied with ribbon and bestickered with ghosts. The sign says one per child, or something, and the jack-o-lanterns are grinning their welcome. And all of the happiness around costumes and carving pumpkins had nothing to do with candy. Perfect.

Tomorrow's Food:

B:  Potatoes, egg & cheese; green grapes

L:  Meatballs and stewed veggies, apple

D:  Stroganoff, green salad

Time to go soak up some energy.

Happy Halloween.

No comments: