Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday's Food

 Today's Food:

B:  Farro, Almond butter, ground flax, walnuts, blueberries

L:  White Bean & Chorizo soup w/ kale, carrots & onions, apple

D:  Taco salad w/refried beans, tomatoes, onions, cheese

I'm trying to set a reminder on my phone for 8pm every evening so I remember to commit my food the evening before. This is an important part of the plan for me right now, and I am motivated by the damn PB crackers I ate in bed around midnight. Since I can't control the foods in the house, I need to ramp up the habits that fortify my will power. Bright Line Eating calls this, 'bridging the willpower gap' and I have neglected building healthy habits for too long. 

In other words, I need to get my shit together. More on my plans to do this later.

Back at 8.

Long day, but here I am to commit tomorrow's food. Which is hard because there is not much in the fridge for a change.

B:  Cheese & Crackers, banana

L:  Quinoa & roasted veggies, apple

D:  Stroganoff, green salad

I absolutely need to cook tomorrow. I've looked at a few recipes for bean 'meatballs' and it's just all too complicated at the moment. Instead I will shop to make the meatloaf from the BLE cookbook, and cabbage lasagna. I have a little bit of Farro still leftover for a breakfast, and will bake off some yam puddings Sunday morning. Because there is a slice of pumpkin pie sitting in the kitchen right now and while it isn't making me crazy, it has set up shop in a small corner of my mind.

I am contemplating measuring my waist on the first instead of stepping on the scale. There has been some talk about this being a better way to gauge one's progress instead of focusing on a number. But I worry that it's too easy to manipulate the measuring tape. Maybe I will do both for a couple of months just to see how it goes.

So, committing my food tonight, and I plan on spending a few minutes in the morning breathing and easing my way into meditating. These two things will make a difference if I can be consistent. I think that is key for me; is it doable, because if it's tedious I won't stay on board very long.

I'm looking forward to finishing up the last webinar of my Bright Line Freedom class, and meeting with my group in the morning. They have become a constant that I enjoy and look forward to even if it is hard work sometimes.

I'm looking forward to a weekend at home; maybe finally getting to the rain gutters, and definitely watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. Corny, but relaxing. I wish I could hold a book, I have a box of Christmas stories in the garage that I would love to re-read. But it is what it is. I am so grateful for my audio books, and that I can shop tomorrow without pinching too many pennies. 

No comments: