Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2020

BLE: Prepping for a Bright week

There is a large bowl of roasted veggies in the fridge; acorn squash, onions, and a few potatoes that were all sliced up and seasoned with Mrs. Dash table blend and sprayed lightly with olive oil before heading into the oven for just under an hour.

Currently four ceramic bowls are baking away in the oven, full of yam pudding for breakfasts next week.

There are Spicy Black Bean Burgers in the freezer, ready for the microwave, and tomorrow I will prep a large bowl of raw green onion, cauliflower, red pepper and celery so a heavier mix of veggies is ready to round out my lettuce salads.

My goal for the week is to keep my Bright Lines simple, and practice self compassion anytime a wayward part insinuates itself into my days. It has become obvious that my 'parts' arrive in tandem with my  'reactions'.  Angry? My rebel needs attention. Hungry? My indulger is on the loose. Overthinking my choices? Either my food indulger or food controller are trying to protect me and we need to have a chat.

So I will be aware of when I am reacting irrationally, or have thoughts that may lead towards a bad decision, and be prepared to be compassionate towards the part of me that has risen to the top. I will be curious as to what sparked them, and I will be loving and understanding until they melt away.

Why the emphasis on compassion? Because I found myself getting mad this week, mad at myself for perceived shortcomings. Mad at myself for snacking again at Midnight. Mad at myself that I am not being perfect. Since the whole IFS process is about recognizing our parts, and practicing self compassion while learning about them and eventually healing them, I was also mad in part that I wasn't doing my 'parts work'. A viscous little circle.

But Master Mind Group to the rescue this morning, and now I am calm and ready for the week ahead. I will practice being kind to myself, and make sure my thoughts are positive. I will meditate each morning, and end each day by giving thanks. These are not new ideas, they go back literally thousands of years. So either I am a much younger soul that I imagined, or just a stubborn learner. But it doesn't matter, because I am only and exactly just where I am and it's okay. Because I am learning about myself, and learning what it means to be unstoppable, and that means I already have a better place to start from tomorrow than I did yesterday.

Time to rest my back after a busy and productive morning of shopping, meeting, and cooking.

No comments: