Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2020

The Next Right Thing

 Another day lost to committing my food here, but ate on plan yesterday and made it to the grocery store so I can plan the rest of the week.

It's so cold this morning I turned the heater on for the first time this season. A whole two days since we ran the AC - shortest Autumn yet.

Yesterdays Food:

B:  Farro, cream cheese & pecans, blueberries

L:  Garbanzo beans, green peppers & red onions, kiwis

D:  Pot roast, yum

We have been so enamored of our Instant Pot that it's been a while since I cooked a pot roast in the oven. Three hours of heavenly smells wafted from the oven, and by the time I ate dinner I was so ready. Feeling hungry when you know a meal is forthcoming is such a blessing, and then the news comes on and the feed at the bottom is telling us that 1.5 million children will die of malnutrition this year is some far off country I can't even remember the name of. I am pathetic, and guilt remains stuck in my craw like a poisoned apple,  immobilizing me.

It's hard to commit to my food in the wake of that memory, but I have to believe in the Butterfly Effect and just keep doing the next right thing in the hopes it makes a difference to the energy of the world. Because right now that is all I am capable of. Well, that and $19/mo. Such a pittance, but slowly heading in the right direction.

Okay, deep breath and back to my little corner of reality. Taking care of myself is the first step to helping others. I will get there. 

Today's Food:

B:  Farro, eggs over easy, banana

L:  Chopped salad, garbanzo beans, apple

D:  Pot Roast/Quinoa , green salad if there aren't enough left over veggies

It feels strange to eat meat again, and dinner last night was noticeably a heavier meal than I am used to having. So tonight I will split my protein between beef & quinoa to lighten it up.

Yesterday my Bright Line Eating supplies arrived, and I am so happy with the quality of the journals. The refrigerator magnet is great too, so much better than the BLE paperwork that has been hanging out for the past year, AND, best of all is the little magnet that came with it. SO CUTE, and perfect. Just a little round magnet with a metal expandable band attached to slip a pen or pencil in - this is to use with the paper shopping lists that are also on the fridge courtesy of the pad's magnetic strip on the back.

Yikes, time has flown and the work day beckons.


No comments: