Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2020

Busy and Bright; just another day on plan

I started to title my post with BLE, but really all of my posts are about Bright Line Eating now I think. So having BLE in the title seems sort of superfluous and unnecessary. So I took it off.

It was a good day, and I stayed busier than usual. I think this is my third day eating vegetarian, and I'm looking forward to another Bright night. I've started marking off my days when I sit down to write in the evening. Susan says that our day really starts the evening before when we commit our food for the next day, so it just made sense to start doing it this way. And it's part of my new nightly habit so I stay accountable even if it's just to myself.

While the house was still cool this morning I roasted off two pans of green peppers, sweet onions, and cherry tomatoes. I used a little sesame oil on them, and they were delicious with my black bean burger. Afterwards I did the dishes and prepped a tub of cauliflower, red peppers, green onions, and carrots to have ready for salads this week. I really need to pick up some more artichoke hearts. But going back to the oil - I've been weighing the oil for my salads! Half an ounce goes a long ways it turns out. I didn't weigh the oil for roasting the veg, but I don't ever add an oil at lunch unless we have avocados ready to eat, so I'm fine with that.

I ordered presents online this afternoon for A's upcoming birthday; it's really hard to understand how she will be turning 12 already. That we have been living together since she was four. I guess that is the real shocker, that we've been living together for almost eight years.

So here are the changes I made to my food today. I swapped out my lunch and dinner, and I forgot to add carrots to the batch of veggies I was roasting this morning, but I added carrots to my dinner salad so I feel it all worked out. I know I've said this before, but those small changes don't make me crazy as long as I'm on plan. I would rather feel sane than obsessed with sticking to the exact letter of what I decided on the night before. 

My salad was delicious tonight, changing up the fat in my dressing from olive oil to sesame oil. Delightful. And while I felt more energetic today, I also have more gas from all the beans these past few days. I know my enzymes will adjust, I've been down this road before, and I'll get back to normal soon as my digestion improves. Speaking of which, I need to check my Kaiser messages. I asked if they could test to make sure I am absorbing nutrients.

So tomorrow I plan on having:

B:  Rice, eggs over easy, banana\green grapes

L:  Black Bean Burger, roasted veggies, apple

D: Chopped salad, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, sesame dressing

I may not make my plates and bowls as pretty as R does hers, but my food is always delicious. I really do need to figure out an easier way to get pictures from my phone to the blog. Oh well.

I have much to be grateful for, and it's time to get ready for bed and contemplate that.

No comments: