Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2020

BLE: Chile Rellenos made Bright

Last night I weighed out two breakfast servings of Rice, egg, cheese & Chiles. My glass containers are perfect for prepping dishes like this, so it's easy to throw in the microwave for a quick and delicious breakfast. Each container had 4oz left over cooked rice, about a tablespoon of mild chipped green chilies, one slice of pepper jack cheese crumbled, and about .2oz of parmesan ea to bring the half protein servings up to 1oz. One egg, raw and whisked, was stirred into each dish for the final allotment of protein and then the dishes were covered and in the fridge.

This morning I scooped 2oz of salsa on the top of mine, and microwaved it for three minutes. It was wonderful. A little heavier on the stomach than is a usual Bright Line breakfast, but that is just the nature of rice.

I had the last of my spicy stew for lunch, and there is bean stoup in the fridge for dinner tonight. In the morning I'll do my shopping from the list I will make today - and having woken this morning thinking about keeping meals more simple this week I'm not sure yet what that will look like. Meatballs and steamed broccoli comes to mind, but I need a meatless recipe so that will be my google assignment while C is down for his nap. Maybe a bean/meat hybrid...

Last night was not good, and bread an butter was the reason. When A mentioned only the heels were left of the loaf of Dave's seeded bread, I should have just thrown them out. But instead my saboteur tucked away the note that the kids wouldn't eat them. Which of course meant that when I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night eventually that note was presented to me. I did lay in bed and ask the indulger part why, and didn't they know this would hurt me, but the bigger part at that moment was marching around with a big sign that said, 'I DON'T CARE' in bold Helvetica print.

Pulling out my little paper journal, I see that I only had three bright days behind me, so not much of a stretch. But let me put that in to perspective. The prior 100 days that I tracked only had ten bright days all told. Not much to brag about. Mostly Bright days broken by midnight snacks that were NOT flour or sugar. Currently I am on day 64 of my next 100 days, and there are already 23 brightly highlighted boxes; fully 50% Bright so far. So no shame or blame, just back to day one again this morning.

And I just realized what probably happened. Yesterday I wrote about wearing size XL at Christmas. That probably invoked my Rebel part who comes out to protect me whenever it's noticeable that I may be getting smaller. Speaking of which, I seem to have lost the extra little folds of fat from my back! I was checking out the back of my hair yesterday when I noticed that they were missing, so two indicators of my body changing back towards the sexy me I was when I was abused and taken advantage of in younger years.

But I am not that little girl anymore, nor a young impressionable woman, and I will keep working with the protector part of me to reassure them I can now take care of myself, and that I am no longer in danger.

And so the parts work continues in Bright Line Freedom.

No comments: