Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Normal Labs and great expectations

Sometimes days just disappear, and I'm not sure how, but if I can't remember anything horrible it must have been all good. I guess that's the thing with planning things out; knowing what you're going to do, what you're going to eat, you don't  the worry and stress of the unknown.

Today's Food:

B:  Farro, chorizo & eggs, banana

L:  Quinoa, roasted veggies, 2 perfectly delicious plums

D:  Quinoa stroganoff

Somehow we are out of lettuce, and my bag of broccoli slaw had started to turn and I tossed it out. I wasn't hungry and passed on my dinner salad tonight. I am a little hungry as I prepare for bed, but have tea to sip on and a book to listen to and it will be fine. It's been awhile since I have had a bite to eat in the middle of the night; at least three weeks I think. And I love the way I feel in the morning when I am able to just go back to bed after a tip to the Lou. I have three stickies on my bedroom door, and while it's too dark to read them I know what they say. Fasting Heals, Just go Back to Bed, and There are Things that matter more than your Goals.

I had a blood draw this morning, and this afternoon labs came back with everything normal. My triglycerides are still low, and Cholesterol in the normal range too. Everything normal, just as it was in January after following Bright Line eating for just three months. They didn't do a fasting glucose so I don't have that number, which of course was the one I was interested in, but we'll do that in January again. This was just an interim testing to see if anything pointed to why I am so tired.

I picked up a couple of things from Walmart afterwards; a couple of sweater & legging sets in a smaller size. That was nice. Really nice! Just cheap stopgap clothes because I know I am getting smaller again. Slow and Steady, that's me. I don't know if it's the fear of saggy skin, or just having more IFS work to do with my rebel parts, but I can't seem to submit wholly to the weight loss plan, and maintenance meals sneak their way into my portions every so often. Just enough to slow the weight loss.. But I am getting better at being curious about my food decisions, and it all feels like progress, so I am content.

Tomorrows Food:

B:  Farro, blueberries, cream cheese & Walnuts

L:  Bell Pepper stuffed with garbanzo salad, persimmons

D:  Black Bean Burger, frozen veggies, green salad

I will have to make an early trip for groceries in the morning to make this happen, but I'm a morning person so that's okay. I'm going to splurge and pick up some already prepped salads; I hate how expensive they are, but everyone needs a break once in a while, and I've chopped up my fair share of veggies this summer past.

I also had my flu shot this morning, and my arm is a little sore, but I'm glad it's out of the way. Strange to think I haven't been sick for a whole year. Me, who once had outrageous upper respiratory problems stemming from allergies twice a year. I know part of it is the social distancing, and the safety protocols of masks & clean hands, but I also know Bright Line Eating has made a huge impact on my health, and I am grateful everyday. I still use my Orenda products daily, Immune and O'Tropin, as well as the alfalfa from Shaklee for the extra greens, but having a foundation of nutritional abundance has made the difference I think. And I'm glad to be rid of another pill. Two to go, blood pressure & Thyroid meds, and I suspect this next thirty pounds' may make the difference there.

It's so nice to feel calm, and to be truly grateful for my progress, and to have great expectations that there is more good to come. And on that note, I say goodnight.

No comments: