Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2020

BLE: Not pizza for lunch

 This was so delicious, and I made it two days in a row for lunch. I have a feeling it will become a staple.

Season a pan of green peppers & red onions cut into quarter inch strips with oregano, basil, fennel seed, rosemary, sage & thyme. ( I drizzled on a bit of olive oil and used my hands to mix it all together well.) Roast to your preference, I use 350 for 45 minutes.

Layer 6oz of the  cooked veggies on a glass or microwave safe plate. Mine was about 8" in diameter. Spoon over 2oz of no sugar marinara sauce, 3/4oz mozzarella cheese and 1/4oz parmesan, and 1oz of turkey pepperoni. Cube and add over top 6oz of pineapple.

Microwave until hot through and the cheese has 'fried' a little bit. I cooked mine on high for six minutes total. It was delicious and probably too sexy for BLE, but on plan and so very satisfying. The next time I make a batch I'll add cherry tomatoes to the roasting pan. It makes me think of the kabobs my Mother made when I was little that had those little smoky sausages, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and pineapple on them. Those flavours together have definitely not gone out of style.

I was reading part of another blog this evening about someone who had lost weight on BLE, but had dropped out because she was never satisfied after a meal. I won't be that person. Even if I give up a little of the 'freedom' part of Happy, Thin & Free by making food that is technicaly too sexy, it will still be a much better life than I have had the last 40+ years.

My daughter is also losing weight on Bright Line Eating, and she is ordering Christmas Pajamas in size XL for us. I still have my XXXL polar bear flannel pajamas and they are ridiculously big on me. But even knowing that, I have a hard time imagining that I will fit into XL pajamas this year. But I know by keeping my lines Bright it can, and will, happen.

What a happy thought!

No comments: