Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2020

From Farro to Legos

 Let me start by saying that my breakfast was more delicious than I had anticipated. It was my first time using Farro, and I was so very happy! Loved the texture, and I can tell it will be a favorite for hot breakfasts going forward into the cold season. I did swap out the Greek yogurt for cream cheese just because I was too lazy to excavate the tub of yogurt from the back of the fridge. It's really crowded in there right now, which also explains my deviation at dinner.

Realizing how packed the fridge was, instead of cooking the cabbage lasagna as intended, I just reheated some roasted squash & onions, weighed out 2oz of marinara over the top, stirred in 2oz of cheese divided between mozzarella and parmesan, then nuked the bowl for three minutes.  Simple, delicious, and no leftovers to add to the cold box. Then I decided to finish off the veggie soup (no beans) instead of making a salad, so another container gone. I really don't even consider these changes as deviations from the plan. They were 'sane' choices under the circumstances.

And did I mention that R was in the kitchen cooking at the same time I wanted to prepare my dinner and I didn't want to get in her way? It all just made sense.

Today feels like Fall, and I stayed in my PJ's and watched a movie this morning. After some light chores and lunch I watched the sequel; a nice restful day. I did jump on to 'work' for a couple of hours this afternoon because the office workload is heavy right now due to a special project, but it was nothing.

Tomorrow I am hoping to pull out my new little ladder and get started on cleaning out the rain gutters. The weather should be nice the next ten days or so, and I am hoping to get a lot done outside. But me and plans...well, we don't always get along so well. Maybe that was the old me, maybe I'll do better at following through now that my brain is working better.

Tomorrows Food:

B:  Farro, cinnamon apples & date, cream cheese & walnuts (so good I have to have it again.)

L:  Chopped salad, artichoke hearts & blue cheese, grapes

D:  Lentil penne stroganoff, mushrooms, onions & carrots, cream cheese

Hmmmm, I see a disturbing trend using cheese. I'll have to be sure the rest of the week is a little more 'clean' and will make sure my grocery list tonight reflects that. Tomorrow I meet with my BLF Master Mind Group, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone; they are becoming an important part of  my Bright LINE Eating journey. I love listening to them, and learning from them, and sharing myself with them. It just feels good.

Off to join C in building something with the Lego assortment he has been carting into my room while I typed. How blessed am I.

No comments: