Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Forming a new Habit

I have to laugh at myself, I lasted two days before forgetting to post my food at night. I know I just need to persist and eventually the habit will form; 21-60 days depending on what you read. In my defense I was tired last night, and just wanted to sign off the computer after work and get ready for bed. Typically I am done by 8 or 8:30 each evening, but it makes for a long day when I am up before 6am.

Pause to consider how grateful I am to have my jobs, and realize I am not the only one working two - hell, some work three just to make ends meet. I have no room to complain so strike my excuse.

Todays food:

B: Yam pudding, green grapes

L: 8oz Chopped salad w\artichoke hearts and parmesan, apple

D: Black Bean Burger, roasted veggies, 6oz salad

I've already been to the store this morning. C is really picky about what he eats right now, and we are down to McD's hasbrowns and mini peanut butter crackers. We ran out of the crackers yesterday so I made an early grocery run; I bought the last box of the mini PB crackers off the shelf! Lucky me.

I'll finish this up later, time to get to work.

--------------------

Later being a relative word, it's now Thursday morning and I never made it back to update this. Surprised? Not really.  But it's okay. I ended up in the actual office for work last night and came home to the siren call of my flannel sheets. (Yes, nights are cool enough for flannel; I love summer pajamas and flannel sheets, Fall is the perfect sleeping season.)

Todays food:

B: Triscuits, sharp cheddar cheese, banana\green grapes

L: 8oz Chopped salad w\hard boiled eggs, apple

D: Bean stoup w\ 12oz veggies including zucchini, onion and carrots

I've just finished breakfast, and I must say that cheese & crackers is still my go to if I haven't prepped anything. And in case you've forgotten, bananas and grapes are divine together.

There is one yam pudding left in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast, and I'll do my usual planning to prep for next week over the weekend. I also really love eggs, potatoes & cheese together, and I was thinking about baking a casserole that is easily divisible by four. We'll see.

No comments: