Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2021

BLE: Ugly Delicious

This catch phrase so perfectly described my dinner I had to use it. The bottom layer is made up of leeks sautéed with bok choy, plus some cabbage, onion, and a little red potato left over from St. Paddy's day added in to bring my veggie serving up to 14oz. Next came ground beef and spicy pork simmered in crushed tomatoes that was left over from last week, and finally on top an ounce of cream cheese for my fat serving and a healthy grind of black pepper.

It was ugly - even more so after stirring it up. And it was delicious.


We spent time in the back yard today, getting a blackberry bush planted for Earth Day, and doing some Spring cleaning on the patio. It's so nice to have cushions back on the chairs, and R even cleaned some windows! We also puttered out front, Cal helping with the watering and me digging up an old rose that had nothing left to it but suckers. Sad to see it go, but looking forward to finding a replacement.

Today's Food

  • b)  sprouted grain toast, deviled eggs, orange
  • l)  orange bell pepper & an ounce of Ranch dressing, then ricotta cheese, fresh pears and banana, roasted pecans & pumpkin pie spice mixed  up in a bowl. Yum.
  • d) See above; greens casserole?
Time to get to work. It's been a lovely sunny day, and now the wind is picking up. While I would rather play, at least I have a symphony of leaves serenading me through my window to ease the transition.



No comments: