Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2021

BLE: Of TV and Oranges

A little tired and headachy  yesterday, I plowed my way through a whole season of  Once Upon A Time as I lounged upon the couch. This led to an afternoon of snacking, no dinner, and finally a big spoon of natural peanut butter around ten pm. So much for good intentions and where they lead.

Today's Food:

  • (b)  oatmeal, flax meal, banana, blueberries & nutty peanut butter
  • (l)  chopped cabbage, celery, red onion, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, mayo, mustard
  • (d)  white bean, jalapeno sausage, veggie stoup
All was well this morning, my usual daily optimism in full force, and only a vague headache remaining from the Covid vaccine. 

I am enjoying my new shredded bamboo pillows. I bought them because of the zipper enclosure that allows for creating just the perfect thickness of pillow. Which for me is practically flat.  And I may be sleeping a little better? Evaluation is still under way. Wouldn't that be something if after a lifetime of feather pillows I am allergic? My morning mouth tells me I am still snoring, but I guess that is not surprising given my weight. Losing weight has been great, but I need to remember I have between 30 and 50 pounds left to go. 

Enough of that.

Today's plan is to take Cal to Home Depot, pick up some bags of dirt, and plant a blackberry bush in the back yard. Well, not in the yard exactly, but in a big bright beautiful blue pot I picked up the last time I was out plant shopping.

I did make it out to the back yard to water yesterday, and noticed the bees are enjoying the orange blossoms on our tree. Standing in the shade of the tall green branches, the white clusters of star flowers were abuzz with the little creatures. I had trimmed back some of the lower branches that were infringing on the yard last year, and because the branches aren't as low we don't get the same fragrant orange breeze as we have enjoyed in the past.  My bad. I guess? The tree does seem healthier. And my shaded spot under the tree was heavenly with the cool orange breeze I have grown to love so much.

R&M are taking off for a hike this afternoon, so it's me and the kidlets for a few hours. I am hoping for a nap from Cal prior to our store outing, just so I get a few hours of peace and quiet to prep for dinner and yes, to start season two of my latest diversion.

I have always loved Sundays.

No comments: