Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2021

BLE: Just another Monday

Last night I was too hungry to wait for the Chili to finish cooking, so I opted for a bowl of leftover cabbage and red potatoes covered in cheddar cheese. Yum. I did have the chili for lunch today, splitting my protein between soyrizo and a three bean mix (black, pinto, kidney) and adding all of that to ten ounces of the veggie mix was perfect. A nice big bowl of warmth on a cool day.

Today's Food

  • b)  barley, pinto beans, salsa, cheese, an orange
  • l)  veggie chili, apple
  • d)  green salad, chick peas, ham, green onion w\thousand island dressing
It was a blustery sort of day and we spent much of it inside playing around with nerf rockets and cuddling up to watch Ring of Fire, AGAIN, his latest favorite Octonauts movie. Sparky piled on and provided a much needed distraction with his puppy antics.  We did get out for a few minutes to play, but we both tired easily and came back in to get warm.




It's been an okay sort of day, actually pretty good for a Monday all things taken into consideration, and I followed through on my plan. I did get hungry and eat dinner early, but having a large salad always takes a while to eat anyway so really not much difference. The one time I wanted to eat it was clearly due to frustration that I wasn't getting more done, but it only took a moment to get from realization, to calming down, to distracting myself. So not bad.

I have two more breakfasts packed up that are the same as today, and three containers of chili ready to eat. Tomorrow I will probably roast off the veggies I didn't get around to today, but I am guessing it will be salads for dinner until the chili is gone to get in the raw stuff.

I'm feeling pretty good about a couple of Bright nights and days behind me, and I am once again in a calm mental place. Now to keep doing the work to stay here.

"Lord, give me the strength."

No comments: