Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2021

BLE: Three Bright Meals

My daughter is having great success with Bright Line Eating, and uses Instagram to post her food.  I haven't done  a food gallery post in a while and thought it might be a nice start to a fresh week. After six Bright nights in a row, I ate last night, and feel the need to do something different to emphasize a new start so I Rezoom quickly instead of dragging it out for a couple of days - which is what happened last time.  There was no binging, just a small snack around midnight. I hadn't been able to sleep, my legs aching, and finally I got up to stretch it out. Once up, it was a short stroll to the kitchen where I did NOT eat any cookies. My bad, I should never have even gone into the kitchen, because a perusal of the available snacking options led me to the pantry and a packet of fig bars. So actually I guess I did eat a cookie after all. Rats.

Today's Food

Breakfast

  • 4oz organic five grain blend, cooked
  • 2oz medium salsa
  • 3oz homemade refried beans
  • 1oz provolone cheese


This is easy to throw together when I keep containers of grains & beans in the fridge, ready to warm up together in the microwave. I find it works best to stir the salsa into the grain first, then add the beans and top with the cheese. (Putting the salsa last causes the veggies to pop and make a mess.) I know using the microwave isn't the best option, but for now it's the easiest, and gets the job done. I have noticed that I like my refried beans better than those left over from takeout, and will try to always have some on hand for breakfast a couple of times a week.

Lunch

  • 2oz cooked stew meat
  • 1oz roasted pepitas
  • 1oz mayonnaise, salt & freshly ground pepper
  • .05oz fermented red peppers (hot, home made by R)
  • 3oz sliced 'sugar bomb' cherry tomatoes
  • 2.5oz diced carrots

Again, an easy meal to put together when there are containers of meat, nuts, and carrots that are already peeled, cut into sticks, and stored in the fridge. Just a quick dice and everything is stirred up in a bowl; a new way to have a sandwich. Also inexpensive. I purchased two packs of stew meat that had been put through the tenderizer and marked down 30% at the store. I slow cooked them on the stove in Mississippi stew broth that was left over in the fridge, and it made for a tasty, tender batch of protein.

Dinner

  • 14oz salad w\ romaine, cauliflower, yellow pepper, artichoke hearts & grape tomatoes
  • 1oz light olive oil, red vinegar, spices
  • 2oz pastrami
  • 1oz pepitas

While I usually have one 'cooked' meal a day and one salad, sometimes I just want to chew, and a large salad and lots of raw veggies does the trick. But I wanted something to liven it up, and a little deli meat once in a while is acceptable to me. At least no worse than cheese IMHO, and this is a moderate serving.

My salad bowl in rinsed, and it's time to go to work.

No comments: