Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2021

BLE: Soyrizo

Years ago when I started following Dr. Fuhrman's eating for nutrition I went through a phase of attempting to find substitutes for meat. I was not successful, nothing was tasty enough to use and eventually I gave up. WFPB wasn't a popular thing yet, but whole foods, plant based was what I ended up eating most of the time. Recently soyrizo made it's way back into the house but my negative memories of the soy processed 'meats' kept me from having any.

However, R said it was good, and one day this week I decided it might be worth a try and cooked up a batch. First I used it to split my protein in a bean soup. It was good! Then I used it to split my protein in my rice & beans for breakfast, and again I liked the resulting dish. Now for the past two nights I have been using it to split my protein in a large dinner salad, and it was just as good cold as warm. Nice to know there is another go-to for the recipe box!

Now for a quick recap since I have been either forgetting to journal or just not wanting to record the past few days. After a week of being Bright, I started to eat again at night, and have for the past three nights. I can walk by potato chips all day, and ignore leftover bites of syrupy pancakes, but come midnight the bad wolf starts howling and whining and scratching at his metaphysical cage. Interesting that I think of him as a male wolf, I wonder what that's all about. Usually I think of my 'tough chick' as being the rebel, who, like Lucy of Charlie Brown fame proclaims to the world, "You can't tell me what to do!"

Let me just say that I am not a fan of chocolate covered banana chips, but have managed to polish off a whole bag over the past few nights. Thank heavens they are gone. I can only think they are the reason I have been tired and grumpy, because at least my days are still Bright. I have pumped up the raw greens these past two days in an effort to increase my energy, and will have a chance to regroup this weekend. I'm even contemplating having green smoothies for breakfast for a bit to see if that helps. I can split my protein between nut milk and ground flax, use frozen berries for my fruit, and throw in an ounce of oatmeal for the grain. And if I remember amounts correctly, I can probably use 3oz berries and sub in 3oz spinach. While we are advised to NOT blend our food, there are no BLE police. And I remember how great I felt drinking these each morning. The flax is great for depression, as are the greens, and I was always full until lunch.  Just thinking about it, and will make sure I have everything I need on hand should I decide to start doing that.

Back's pinching, gotta go. But I am leaving with the intention of NOT eating anything tonight. I felt so good having a week of Bright days under my belt, and I want to feel that again.

Tomorrow's Food:

  • (b)  sausage on toast, oranges
  • (l)  lentil soup, apple
  • (d)  roasted veg 'pizza' casserole

No comments: