Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

BLE: Bright again

The plan last night was simple; be so tired that I sleep through the witching hour.  Also, pre-medicate for anticipated pain. So instead of getting ready for bed after work, I went out to visit with family, played a little Nintendo, caught up the dishes, and folded the last load of laundry from the dryer. Before leaving the kitchen for the night I took 800mg of Ibuprofen, and before putting pajamas on I covered my shins and knees with IcyHot power gel and applied CBD cream to my right hip and shoulder.

Only then did I lay down to watch a little tv, American Idol to be precise, and I do think my efforts paid off.  I relaxed into bed faster, turned the tv off earlier, and fell asleep with barely a twitch of pain. I was only up once to visit the Loo, and there was no wandering off to the kitchen. Success!

I have made the connection before between pain and eating, but after years of taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol daily for pain and worrying about what that did to my organs, I really didn't want to go down that road again. But at this point in my life, if taking them again so I can get through most of the night pain-free and stay in my bed,  I feel it is worth the risk.

I know I need to have everything x-rayed, but I also know that if I just get the weight off first then everything would improve and it would save a lot of hassle and perhaps even surgery down the road. But one thing is certain, I have reached a tipping point and need to take care of the pain. Because I haven't been able to play, 'tag you're it' with Cal for over a week now. The last time we played I hobbled around in pain for days, and that is not acceptable. At all.

I need to be able to keep up better. No, I want to be able to keep up better.  Want, not Need. Want.

Today's Food:

b)  left over potatoes, eggs & hot sauce, berries

l)  sandwich bowl; meat, pepitas, carrots, tomatoes, onions, and an apple

d)  bean soup with red chard and lots of veggies

I'll make the soup this afternoon, as I haven't done much cooking lately. Trying to use up leftovers has become my goal, the fridge is so full of food, but this week I want to make soup and use up all the oldest veggies before our Imperfect order arrives.

As always, it feels great to wake up Bright, and as always when I do, I am sure it's just the first of many Bright nights on my way to my right sized body. 

No comments: