Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Trees

Part of Christmas around here is decorating paper Christmas trees. It all began with Joey winning a craft project in 1st grade (above) 18 years ago, and it grew into a tradition of creating a Christmas tree forest on the wall each year. Friends, children and adults alike, have all contributed over the years and I have dozens of trees.
While taping up paper trees this year I was inspired to make a new cardboard cutout of a smaller tree to mix in with the larger trees. Above is a sample of an older larger tree and a smaller one that I just decorated. Some of the trees have names or years on them, but even if I don't remember who did which tree, I do remember everyone who ever made one, and putting these up brings back good memories. Here is one of the walls from last year.
Anyway, today was wonderful, mostly because my DD and her brand new DD were visiting, and we were decorating the new little trees together. I can see a time when my month old granddaughter will be sitting at the table decorating her first tree, and how we will tell her the story of Joey; this is how sad and sweet go together. But really, I know it wouldn't have been any less sweet without the sad part. I have heard time and again that without the pain, we wouldn't understand the joy, but I don't buy into that anymore.

1 comment:

Call Taxi said...

Nice Article and Images also... Kindly visit us @ Natural Remedies for Ulcer