Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2021

BLE: On track for a 2nd Bright Day

Feeling good this morning after a full 24 hours Bright. I am always amazed how quickly our bodies adapt to healthier choices - or rather - from the lack of bad choices. Breakfast felt light, and I wanted to have a little more, but a simple reminder that I have eaten exactly how much fuel my body needs takes away the urge to eat. Not the hunger, that I still feel, but that will be remedied with the cup of tea I have waiting for me in the kitchen.

Back later with my food commitment.

Tomorrow's food (10oz veg lunch and dinner)

  •  b: spanish rice chaffle, banana, green grapes
  •  l:  lentils, cauliflower, parmesan,  peach
  • d: chopped salad, meatballs, bleu cheese dressing
I'm really loving my new salad dressing. Mixing vinegar with dijon mustard and shaking it up with nutritional yeast really makes my tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing go a long ways. Tomorrow will be the 3rd dinner salad in a row using that dressing, but keeping it simple with food  you love is just smart!

I do need to cook tomorrow. I'll stop at the store on the way home from dropping Cal off at school; we always need more apples and lettuce, and I want/need to make a batch of meatballs since I put that down for dinner.

I was hungry at lunch, and again after dinner. And I'm still feeling a little empty heading into bedtime! It makes me realize I was indeed eating more extra calories over the past few weeks since getting home from Hawaii than I even realized. Drinking a sleepy time tea, and heading to bed to finish up an audio book as soon as I'm done here is the plan. I can see that R is staying bright too, and even though we aren't saying so to each other, the support is awesome.

I go to bed tonight knowing/hoping that there will be a little less pain tomorrow in my hips and legs. Each bright day will take me closer to moving better, having more energy, and fitting into my clothes better. I can hardly wait, but I will, and be patient about it, because this can only be done one day at a time.


No comments: