Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Inheritance of Love

Do I love & cherish my granddaughter because my grandmothers doted on me, and made me feel special and loved and precious? Or did my grandmothers love and cherish me because that's just the way it is between grandmothers & granddaughters and I'm simply carrying the torch on to anther generation? I know my Mom loves my daughter, but I think that distance tempered the passion. I am so grateful that this bundle of love & energy is a part of my life, and that I get to be a part of hers. I didn't know I was going to be able to love this way again after we lost Joey, and it came as a wonderful surprise when she was born, this love she brought into my life. Into all of our lives.

What a corny little post, but heartfelt. I am ever so grateful for this capacity to love. And my thoughts stem from the news and a meteor of all things. Of how it came blasting into our atmosphere and dumped tons of energy in it's passing. Yes indeed, very much like the impact of a granddaughter.

No comments: