Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2020

Bright Line Freedom; making progress

When I wake up tomorrow morning I will have five Bright days and nights under my belt. Last night was easy, and today the chatter was gone. Thank heavens! I anticipate keeping my lines for quite a while going forward; it's just too true that a break can be devastating and I'm just exhausted from the past few months. Struggling every day to just maintain the weight I've lost was absolutely crazy. I'm so glad events conspired to make a space for me back on the wagon. I attribute this to spending more time listening to  the SPT vlogs, the support of my Master Mind Group, and most importantly the parts work we are doing in the Bright Line Freedom class. And when I say events conspired, I mean that I didn't give up. In my attempt to be unstoppable I made things happen. Go me.

I came across this entry from Susan from last year, and it so perfectly described what I am trying to accomplish I thought I would share so I have a reminder to revisit this again.  It turns out that curiosity is for more than killing cats, it's also for melting away the urge to eat. I am so thankful that this 'self-therapy' is actually working.

Today I made black eyed pea soup in the instant pot.  I started with the linked recipe, but was out of  green peppers so doubled up on the celery. I also added in a 32oz can of crushed tomatoes and used the full 16oz bag of dried peas. My pot was full to the MAX line, and the soup was delicious. Peas were cooked perfectly, the jalapeno was just the right amount of heat, and I got to use fresh thyme from the back yard!

Yesterday in the instant pot I braised (?) a pork shoulder and then roasted tons of veggies in the oven, so my food is prepped, weighed and measured for days to come. I think it will be the last roast I cook, I was pretty disgusted when it was all done; a sure sign I am heading back to a plant based menu. I'm enjoying my oatmeal with banana most mornings, adding in a blend of flax, chia, and hemp seed hearts, along with pecans and peanut butter. How decadent and nutritious is that?!?

So grateful tonight for the calm thoughts and positive energy. Even if it was a rough day in other aspects, I know that I handled it much better for having the food under control again. So so grateful. So glad to be on this journey that is turning out to be more than just losing weight. Who knew that was just going to be a side effect? Knowing that eventually I can get back to being my own true self, whoever that is, is such an exciting thought and fills me with a happiness I didn't really think I could ever find.

More about that later, I am tired and off to bed.


No comments: