Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (4/30)

Last evening while finishing up preparation of the guest room for my Sister's visit I finally finished watching the film from Join the Reboot. This was the initial inspiration for my thirty day Water Cure plan; watching others saturate themselves with micro nutrients and get better made me remember why I originally started leaning towards a plant based diet. I have previously discarded the idea of 'juicing' because my mind rebelled against separating the juice from the fiber in the plants. But as a way to 'reboot' your health and clean up inside maybe I was wrong, as happens way too often.

Now that I have seen the end of the movie, I am more determined than ever to do my own juice fast. I won't be following their plan exactly, I can't really afford to use organic plants, but other than that I do plan on finding someone with a juicer to borrow, or getting one cheap online somewhere. Then to Kaiser for current blood work so I have a starting reference point, and then on to juicing.

Also on my mind is my online friend Jayne. She started eating vegan last year, and the picture she posted yesterday shows a vibrant happy woman just glowing with health; I want that too.

I am excited for D to get here today, she is all about taking care of herself and I know she will be all for helping make a batch of veggie soup, and at the same time not be adverse to some wine and guacamole while we visit. Also on the agenda is a trip to the movies to see Brave if she hasn't already seen it.

Yesterday was mostly fine until evening. I did get all my water in, but missed my afternoon walk and ate too little too early for dinner and around 8pm I was Starvin Marvin. There was one ripe avocado on the kitchen counter and one flour tortilla left in the fridge; they made a perfect second dinner - perfect in the sense that it was yummy and satisfying anyway.

I have just finished my morning water, have my food planned for the day, and while I dread just a little bit the component of this visit where she feels the need to 'fix' me, I am very much looking forward to seeing my Sister this weekend.
 3367 steps taken

No comments: