Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Brownies and Bed Time

Mostly everything is going well now that Joey's B-Day is behind me for another year. We had gotten into the habit of celebrating with ice cream, just so the day wouldn't go uncelebrated, but there were so many treats in the house it seemed superfluous. I did end up eating brownies from the bakery that R had purchased as a back up in case her German chocolate sandwich cookies failed - they didn't, and were super delicious.  By Sunday I was feeling sick and anxious to be back on Bright Line Eating.

Mostly I'm writing in my paper journal as I'm tired in the evenings and really just want to get off of the computer. That's because I'm farming (online game) too much on and off during the day and then again after work. I'm hoping now that it's almost October the need for diversions will abate and I will be more sane. The house is suffering for it too, as I barely get the minimum laundry and dishes done each week.

Today was more productive, and I made rice chaffles to pack up for future breakfasts. There is a bag in the freezer and several breakfasts worth in the fridge - so easy and delicious. Just Spanish rice, egg, and cheese. Mix and cook off in the waffle maker and done! Two squared popped in the toaster and served up with some salsa is an awesome breakfast.

Commit tomorrow's food

  • b: spanish rice chaffle, salsa, banana and green grapes
  • l:  celery, apple, onion, cheeze, almond salad w/ bleu cheese dressing
  • d: veggie bean soup, cream cheese
R took Cal in for his routine heart check up and it looks like he won't need surgery to fix his PDA. After everything he has been through this is really good news. He is so loving school, waving hi to his new friends and happy to get into class. Each day we stand in line with the others to fill out a form, wait for them to take his temperature and sanitize his hands, and then in he goes with nary a backwards glance. Just like his grandfather and uncle, everyone is a friend he hasn't met yet. 

And I'm calling Bedtime; I so look forward to that first moment each evening when I stretch out on the bed and feel everything get heavy and relaxed. Sigh.


No comments: