Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vitamix

I have loved the idea of having a Vitamix for years, but couldn't justify the expense. Now that my Magic Bullet has died and I couldn't get my hands on a Nutribullet yesterday I am once again contemplating investing in the Vitamix. How is spending $350 at once worse than diddling away $25\Mo on a gym membership I no longer use?  14 Months of waste or 14 months of fresh healthy soups, spreads, dressings & smoothies. And if I want to juice I just use a 'juice' recipe and strain it through cheesecloth or a nut bag. Why juice?  Eliminating the fiber so massive amounts of micro nutrients have a straight shot to your cells without the toll booth of digestion slowing the process down. It's the whole go to bed with an empty stomach so your immune system has a rest from digestion and can get on with maintenance and repair work idea put into place 24/7.

I've just about sold myself. I saw the Vitamix box at Costco yesterday. I've spent the morning reading reviews and testimonies and blogs etc.  I'm only hesitating because of my penny pinching gene.

Time to scrutinize the budget.

But I think the recipe for this Autumn Smoothie may have sold me.

No comments: