Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

2/16/90

This morning I started going through my dresser drawers to switch out summer clothes for those of the warmer variety. (Yes, it gets cold in California....okay, relatively speaking.) In my top drawer an old envelope caught my eye, peeking out as it was from under my socks, and I pulled it out to read (in my deceased ex's writing) "Joey's first tooth, 2/16/90." To the day, 16 years after he lost his first tooth he lost his life. Damn. This is what 'they' refer to as being blindsided I think. Was it a sign? I don't think so, but it's a really strange coincidence. It also speaks to my housekeeping skills, or lack thereof, that I haven't run across this before in the last 2 years, 8 months and 9 days.

New Mantra: "I am a spiritual being having a human experience"

No comments: