Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Just Tired

I am tired. Way tired. But tomorrow is Sunday and I am done for the day. I even did some cooking when I got home from work; green beans with onions and mushroom soup. Yes, I sauteed the onions in bacon grease, and yes, I wolfed down a few slices of bacon while waiting for the beans to cook. I'm not proud of it, but oh well and all that.

My back is hurting, the old repetitive motion pinch in my sub scapular bursa, so that is worrisome. I'm almost hurting enough to warrant a shot of tequila, but I'll go for the ibuprofen and tylenol mix first. And some relaxing tea. I hate to think of spending tomorrow resting instead of puttering around the house, but it is what it is. If nothing else I'll cook a batch of 'spaghetti soup' for my next set of meals. For lunches I'm pulling the batch of black bean soup out of the freezer, and I'll do breakfast from scratch each morning - oatmeal cooked in 1/2C Oat milk, plus walnuts and blueberries or whatever frozen fruit needs to be eaten.

So food planned, and just waiting for the meds to kick in.

I did love being home with the grandkids this week, or the three days anyway. I just really need to moderate my activity; just because I'm home doesn't mean I get to do everything I want.

God, it's not even 7pm yet.

No more whining. Going to rest.

Oh, and 210.2 this morning, the lowest number in years despite my midnight snacking. I will get past this, I will, but more about that later. I am really missing the hot tub right now....

No comments: