Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

New Routine

I should have expected the gym to be busy at 6am - but somehow I was surprised at the plethora of full parking spaces this morning. I awoke early today, maybe from the excitement of a new job, or just nerves, but I was up and farming before 5am. I had laid out my gym clothes the night before in anticipation of hitting the treadmill this morning and I was dressed and driving down the road by 6:01. Now I am sitting here ready for work (except for shoes which continues to be a challenge); I am full of green smoothie, clean and shiny, have a salad packed for lunch with a homemade dressing (no oil) and 48oz of water to drink and an apple for the ride home are packed in my lunch bag. There is a new book on my shuffle for the commute and a good attitude in my head about this fresh start - they are my buoys for whatever is to come in this pretty almost spring day.

I have been busy all morning picking up after myself - I want to feel good about coming home too - and I have done more in this morning than I would normally get done in a whole day.  I am hoping for enough energy and mild enough weather to do some blank baling in the garage this evening; Senior games are three weeks away and I am on a mission!

I am a little worried about how manic I am this morning, but riding the energy and taking care of myself to alleviate a crash. I can do this :)

No comments: