Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye January

January ends today, leaving quietly in a still grey calm, the first storms of the year left behind, seemingly spent. As many before have observed, the older we become, the faster time disappears, and having less time at our hands we tend to waste more of it in thought rather than in action; is it an oxymoron, a paradox, or just the inevitable downward spiral into death? Ah, winter gloom does not just abound outside, but in my heart as well. I am not interested in the full spectrum light that so often brightens the corners of my office in the darker months, I am not interested in the luscious fruit that sits ripe and waiting to throw itself upon my night’s fasting, and I am having the darndest time making my booted feet walk out the front door. But I know I will do it, I just had to lodge a tedious protest first, hoping words would bring rise to some semblance of the spirit I keep hidden and small and deep. A strong breath in and a sigh…somewhere inside I have decided to ‘go forth into the world.’ And I know that it isn’t the end of January I dread, but the beginning of February.

No comments: