Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2022

BLE: Bootie Camp - Module 6

This module is about traveling, and the main point is that you need to plan. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" as the old adage goes. The strongest statement was that you must do whatever it takes to keep your Bright Lines.

The only traveling I do is back and forth to my Mother's. Sometimes I do well, and eat my packed meals as I drive up and down Highway 5. Other times I have let my narrator run wild and have used the trip to eat fast food. Other times it's a little of each. But the truth is that when I plan to succeed I do. And when I don't, I fail. So there is the truth in that!

Another important idea is that when you travel you don't just take your food, you take the whole program. I will say that in each of the bags I normally use to travel I keep a pen, glasses, and a small journal so that I am never unprepared. I also take my computer with me so I can work during my visits, but to also stay connected with the BLE community. Each day at some point I sign on to give support where I can, thereby strengthening my own resolve. I am hoping that at some point the cumulative result of these small efforts will be a more solid mindset for myself.

Meditation:  I try to do this every morning, sometimes longer than others, but at least for a few minutes to start each day.

Nightly check list:  I have tried, and I cannot do this. It becomes about what I am not doing and getting frustrating, and succumbing to the WTH effect which ends up in me stuffing my face. Not good.  Instead I have kept my habit stacks small and doable. I cannot let BLE take over my life, for me that would defeat the whole purpose of finding freedom.

Reader: Another fail on my part, I just can't read 'inspirational' gobbeldy gook - it makes me crazy. Instead I listen to music while I work and 'do a little dance' when the mood strikes. I would rather find something to make me laugh than reading something that tells me I am okay. Seriously.

Brain Fog: She speaks to this lifting as we detox from sugar and flour. And this did happen for me. I believe this is what made it possible for me to do parts work in BLE Freedom, and to re-evaluate some pivotal moments in my past; some healed and some with work still to do, with finally a clear mind. The times I have given up and eaten whatever for a few days I feel horrible both physically and mentally - depression a lurking side effect of eating badly. And yes, I can just hear the voices berating me for saying 'eating badly'. So how about I say, when I disregard the SCIENCE that shows why eating certain foods results in depression, it makes me feel badly. How about that.

Habits:  These form the foundation and scaffolding of the program, letting automaticity take root. Stacking habits that are linked together by time and location cues strengthens our willpower muscle. It doesn't extend willpower, it strengthens it. So that just saying no becomes easier. So that turning away from what hurts us is easier. So that we are more resistant to willpower depletion as we go through the day checking emails and making a million little decisions. I've been more aware lately of how often I make decisions. Take this afternoon in the pool with the grandkids. C has just learned to swim, so I am monitoring him and making decisions about where I am in the pool;  am I close enough to save him , am I too far away for safety. It's constant.

So there are things I am doing that seem to work for me, and others that I am not because they make me nuts. Sometimes I have to look at the program with a side of common sense and trust that I know what is best for me. Maybe that is why I am not being successful, but I choose to think that it's just taking me longer. Because a part of me is just that stubborn.

No comments: